Chapter 5. Voice Profile for Internet Mail
Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM) is an industry standard that allows different voice message systems to exchange voice and text messages. VPIM is based on Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (MIME) and the Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP). VPIM uses SMTP over TCP/IP to transport its messages. VPIM sends voice messages as email (MIME).
Configuring VPIM on Cisco Unity Connection
- On Cisco Unity Connection Administration, navigate to Networking, VPIM.
- Click Add New.
- Set prefix options.
- Check Enable Audio Normalization, if needed.
- Set message settings.
- Select Interlocation SMTP Routing Configuration, if needed.
- Sync with other locations, if needed.
- Click the Push Directory button.