The perfect supplement to CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide, this practice exams book provides valuable test preparation for candidates preparing to pass the exam and achieve one of the fastest-growing information security credentials available.
Designed as an exam-focused study-self aid and resource, CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Practice Exams offers practice test items from each domain of the latest CEH exam, and provides knowledge and scenario-based questions plus one case study-based Lab Question per chapter. In-depth answer explanations for both the correct and incorrect answers are included. The book contains more than 400 practice exam questions (in the book and electronic content) that match the actual exam questions in content and feel.
The CEH Program certifies individuals in the specific network security discipline of Ethical Hacking from a vendor-neutral perspective. A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled IT professional responsible for testing the weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and uses the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker.
- Covers all exam topics, including intrusion detection, policy creation, social engineering, ddos attacks, buffer overflows, virus creation, and more
- Based on the 2011 CEH exam update
- Electronic content includes two complete practice exam simulations
Market / Audience
- The Certified Ethical Hacker certification certifies the application knowledge of security officers, auditors, security professionals, site administrators, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure.
- DOD 8570 workforce requirements include CEH as an approved commercial credential
- US-CERT's EBK and Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH) standards map to CEH
- CEH is an international, vendor-neutral certification that can be taken at any Prometric or VUE testing center worldwide. The exam costs $250.
- The Ethical Hacker is usually employed with the organization and can be trusted to undertake an attempt to penetrate networks and/or computer systems using the same methods as a Hacker. Hacking is a felony in the United States and most other countries. When it is done by request and under a contract between an Ethical Hacker and an organization, it is legal. The most important point is that an Ethical Hacker has authorization to probe the target.
Matt Walker, CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, CEH, CNDA, CPTS (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) is the IA Training Instructor Supervisor and a Sr. IA Analyst at Dynetics, Inc., in Huntsville, Alabama. An IT education professional for over 15 years, Matt served as the Director of Network Training Center and the Curriculum Lead and Senior Instructor for the local Cisco Networking Academy on Ramstein AB, Germany. After leaving the US Air Force, Matt served as a Network Engineer for NASA's Secure Network Systems, designing and maintaining secured data, voice and video networking for the agency.
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1: Ethical Hacking Basics
- Chapter 2: Cryptography 101
- Chapter 3: Reconnaissance: Information Gathering for the Ethical Hacker
- Chapter 4: Scanning and Enumeration
- Chapter 5: Sniffers and Evasion
- Chapter 6: Attacking a System
- Chapter 7: Social Engineering and Physical Security
- Chapter 8: Web-Based Hacking: Servers and Applications
- Chapter 9: Wireless Network Hacking
- Chapter 10: Trojans and Other Attacks
- Chapter 11: The Pen Test: Putting It All Together
- Appendix A: About the Download
- Appendix B: Practice Exam
- Title: CEH Certified Ethical Hacker Practice Exams
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071810258
You might also like
The Art of Memory Forensics: Detecting Malware and Threats in Windows, Linux, and Mac Memory
Memory forensics provides cutting edge technology to help investigate digital attacks Memory forensics is the art …
The Web Application Hacker's Handbook, 2nd Edition
The highly successful security book returns with a new edition, completely updated Web applications are the …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Version 10 Cert Guide, 3rd Edition
In this best-of-breed study guide, leading experts Michael Gregg and Omar Santos help you master all …
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Version 9 Cert Guide, Second Edition
Learn, prepare, and practice for CEH version 9 exam success with Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Cert …