Reconnaissance: Information Gathering for the Ethical Hacker
In this chapter you will
• Define active and passive footprinting
• Identify methods and procedures in information gathering
• Understand the use of social networking, search engines, and Google hacking in information gathering
• Understand the use of whois, ARIN, and nslookup in information gathering
• Describe the DNS record types
I was watching a nature show on TV a couple nights back and saw a lion pride hunt from start to finish. The actual end was totally awesome, if a bit gruesome, with a lot of neck biting and suffocation, followed by bloody chewing. But the buildup to that attack was different altogether. In a way, it was visually…boring. But if you watched ...