In this chapter you will
• Describe cryptography and encryption techniques
• Define cryptographic algorithms
• Describe public and private key generation concepts
• Describe digital signature components and usage
• Describe cryptanalysis and code-breaking tools and methodologies
• List cryptography attacks
Around 180 BC, the Greek philosopher and historian Polybius was busy putting together some revolutionary re-thinking of government. He postulated on such ideas as the separation of powers and a government meant to serve the people instead of rule over them. If this sounds familiar, it should: his work became part of the foundation for later philosophers and writers (including Montesquieu), not to mention ...