A thoroughly enthralling book that proves the truth of the adage, "with age comes wisdom"
Based on video recorded interviews and extensive surveys of more than 500 Centenarians, this unforgettable book brings you into a world few human beings have ever known. What must it be like to have lived an entire century—and not just any century, but one of the most fertile, productive, cataclysmic, revolutionary hundred-year periods in the history of the human race?
Imagine having navigated all of life's personal milestones against the backdrop of the Jazz Age, the Great Depression, two World Wars, the Space Age, the Digital Age, and 9/11; what stories you would have to tell! In their own words, and with no small measure of good humor, these remarkable men and women tell their stories and share their insights on life, business, making it and losing it, great sorrow and joy—and having lived to tell the tale.
Distills the wisdom and wit of 500 centenarians into six sections covering the passage of time, career, money, time management, secrets of longevity, and capturing and sharing wisdom
Full of timeless advice, like "Money cannot make you, but it can break you," with anecdotes about savings, debt, and investing for the long-run—the really, really long run
Based on over 500 taped interviews and extensive questionnaire surveys developed and conducted by noted experts Steve Franklin and Lynn Peters Adler
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Today’s Centenarians—Celebrities and National Treasures
- Chapter 2: The Science and Art of Living Longer and Living Better
- Chapter 3: Money Wise and Time Tested
- Chapter 4: Work Wisdom
- Chapter 5: The Top Secrets from Our Centenarians
Chapter 6: The Centenarian Spirit
- The Centenarian Spirit
- The Centenarian Spirit in Action
- Renegotiating Life
- Sparks of the Spirit
- Centenarians on the Go
- Keeping Life Interesting—Common Interests, Not Common Age
- Contemporary Centenarians—Thinking and Feeling Young
- Catch the Spirit: Forget Aging Gracefully—Age Excellently!
- A Formula for Longevity
- A Toast to Future Centenarians
- Notes and Further Reading
- About the Authors
- Title: Celebrate 100: Centenarian Secrets to Success in Business and Life
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118567623