- Map the block device to the client-node1:
# rbd map --image rbd1 --name client.rbd
Notice the mapping of the images has failed due to a feature set mismatch!
- With Ceph Jewel the new default format for RBD images is 2 and Ceph Jewel default configuration includes the following default Ceph Block Device features:
- layering: layering support
- exclusive-lock: exclusive locking support
- object-map: object map support (requires exclusive-lock)
- deep-flatten: snapshot flatten support
- fast-diff: fast diff calculations (requires object-map) Using the krbd (kernel rbd) client on client-node1 we will be unable to map the block device ...