Ceph PGs may exhibit several states based on what's happening inside the cluster at that point in time. To know the state of a PG, you can see the output of the command ceph status. In this recipe, we will cover these different states of PGs and understand what each state actually means:
- Creating: The PG is being created. This generally happens when pools are being created or when PGs are increased for a pool.
- Active: All PGs are active, and requests to the PG will be processed.
- Clean: All objects in the PG are replicated the correct number of times.
- Down: A replica with necessary data is down, so the PG is offline (down).
- Replay: The PG is waiting for clients to replay operations after an OSD has crashed.
- Splitting ...