Let's take a look at some of the most common monitor errors and some steps on how to resolve these issues:
- Ceph monitor is reporting a clock skew:
- Clock skew can be reported in the monitor log file as well as in the ceph status command.
- This error indicates that the monitor reporting the clock skew error has a clock that is not synchronized with the rest of the monitors in the cluster.
- This error is usually due to improper NTP configuration or no NTP server running on the monitor node.
- Network issues can also lead to clock skew errors. Follow the recipe in the previous section for proper NTP investigation and network troubleshooting.
- Ceph monitor is reported as out of quorum:
- Out of quorum can be reported in the monitor ...