The syntax for ceph-objectstore-tool is:
The values for <options> can be as follows:
- --data-path: The path to the OSD
- --journal-path: The path to the journal
- --op: The operation
- --pgid: The placement group ID
- --skip-journal-replay: Use this when the journal is corrupted
- --skip-mount-omap: Use this when the LevelDB data store is corrupted and unable to mount
- --file: The path to the file, used with the import/export operation
To understand this tool better, let's take an example: a pool makes two copies of an object, and PGs are located on osd.1 and osd.2. At this point, if failure happens, the following sequence will occur:
- osd.1 goes down.
- osd.2 handles all the write operations in a degraded ...