Are you a stereotypical IT Leader?
Although the typical aspects of the stereotypical IT Leader are extremely valuable, they are often regarded as incompatible, not only with the Board, but also with modern business strategy, which now tends to emerge through a process of ongoing dialogue in response to ill-defined, dynamic and often unpredictable market conditions.Master soft skills
In order to break into the Board's confidence and help to lead their organisation, CIOs must now become masters of the soft skills, and deal with imperfectly seizing the unknown, rather than working to perfect the known.
Strike a balance – bring innovation and success
Incorporating the latest business thinking, this book explains how the IT Leader can strike this balance, evolve into the CTO – Chief Transformation Officer – and really contribute to the development and success of business enterprises.
Read this book and learn how to:
By employing key steps and reflective points, this book provides useful tools and sound advice to help you get to grips with balancing soft skills with hard techniques, letting you break out of the IT stereotype and bring innovation into the inner sanctum of your organisation.
It does not try to paint the necessary personal transition as a simplistic process or procedure, but focuses on an understanding of human nature and evolutionary psychology.
With these key insights into the corporate environment (and more), you will be able to transform your outlook. By showing you how to build on your foundations and be flexible in your approach, this book will help you open all business-doors to success and become an engine for innovation in your organisation.
Buy this book to revolutionise your leadership methods and become a lightning conductor for change!
Table of contents
Part I Where We Are Now and Why We See the World the Way We Do
- Chapter 1: Surviving in a World of Change
- Chapter 2: The IT Stereotype and its Implications
- Chapter 3: The Illusion of a Solution
- Chapter 4: Insights from Evolutionary Psychology
- Chapter 5: New Models of Leadership – The Route to Becoming a Transformational Leader
Part II Building Transformational Competencies
- Chapter 6: Releasing the Power of the Many
- Chapter 7: Changing the Way We Think and Talk about Work
- Chapter 8: Future-Focused Communication
- Chapter 9: Delivering Lasting Change
- Chapter 10: Taking a Holistic View
- ITG Resources
- Title: Changing the IT Leader's Mindset - time for revolution rather than evolution
- Release date: August 2010
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849281423
You might also like
Straight to Yes: Asking with Confidence and Getting What You Want
MAKE YOURSELF A "YES" MAGNET You've finally plucked up the courage to ask for something. The …
Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking
The first book to reveal and dissect the technical aspect of many social engineering maneuvers From …
Microsoft® SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed
This is the industry’s most comprehensive and useful guide to SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2. …
The CISSP® and CAP
This follow-on edition to The CISSP Prep Guide: Mastering CISSP and ISSEP offers value-add coverage not …