1. Note the similarity of planning institutions–China's State Planning Commission (1953) versus India's Planning Commission (Ministry of Finance).
2. Vijay Joshi, I.M.D. Little, India's Economic Reforms, 1991–2001, New York: Oxford University Press, 1996.
3. Meghnad Desai, ‘India and China: An Essay in Comparative Political Economy’, Paper for IMF conference on India/China, New Delhi, November 2003.
4. K. Kochhar, Kumar U., Rajan R., Subramanian A., and Tokatlidis I., ‘India's Pattern of Development: What Happened, What Follows’, IMF Working Papers, 2005.
5. Deunden Nikomborirak, ‘A Comparative Study of the Role of the Service Sector in the Economic Development of China and India (Revised report)’, Thailand Development Research Institute, ...