In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Define a cellular network, list different mobile devices, and describe the hardware and software characteristics of mobile devices
• Provide an overview of a mobile operating system and discuss different types of mobile operating systems
• Articulate what a criminal can do with mobile phones
• Describe different mobile forensics challenges, including the various memory considerations in mobiles
• Explain the process involved in mobile forensics, including which precautions to take prior to the investigation
• List several hardware and software tools for mobile forensics
Some of us go back to the days of the “personal digital ...