Launching a business in China? Give yourself a "second mover advantage." China-bound entrepreneurs and small business owners: learn from experienced China hands before you bring your business to the world's largest and most dynamic consumer market.
Preparing to manage a small business in China, the world's largest, most dynamic consumer market? Hundreds of thousands of other international businesspeople are too, but only a small percentage of them will succeed in bringing their start-up dreams to life in the Middle Kingdom.
Give yourself a huge head-start by learning directly from experienced China pioneers. CHINA ENTREPRENEURS delivers street-tested advice on launching, growing, and operating your own business in China. Authors Juan Antonio Fernandez, professor of Management at the China Europe International Business School, and Laurie Underwood, accomplished journalist and Director of External Communications at CEIBS, use their combined 26 years of China experience to interview 40 successful international entrepreneurs who have launched and built businesses in China.
These entrepreneurs share their first-hand advice, anecdotes and best practices in tackling the key challenges of winning in the China market, from negotiating with government and winning necessary start-up approvals, to hiring and keeping the right staff, to collecting payments and to safeguarding intellectual property. In addition, the experiences of the entrepreneurs will be juxtaposed against insights from experienced China consultants who assist start-ups in operating in China. Thus the book will balance extensive, on-the-ground business advice against the insights of consultants who have risen to prominence in the China business environment by advising SME business operators on succeeding in China.
Table of Contents
- Title page
- Copyright page
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: Setting Up Shop (I)
- Chapter 3: Setting Up Shop (II)
- Chapter 4: Targeting the Right Customers . . . and Getting Paid
- Chapter 5: Human Resource Challenges
- Chapter 6: Ethics and Corruption
- Chapter 7: Business Negotiations
- Chapter 8: Living in China: A Survival Kit
- Chapter 9: Are You Ready for China?
- Appendix: China and Its Trade Partners
- Title: China Entrepreneur: Voices of Experience from 40 International Business Pioneers
- Release date: February 2009
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470823217