CHAPTER 4 IT Life-Cycle Management
This chapter discusses the following topics:
• Program and project management
• The software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Infrastructure development and implementation
• Maintaining information systems
• Business processes
• Application controls
• Auditing the software development life cycle
• Auditing business and application controls
The topics in this chapter represent 16 percent of the CISA examination.
Organizations employ business processes to organize the tasks related to the development and maintenance of application software and the underlying IT infrastructure. Business processes provide constraint and management control for high-value activities such as software development and maintenance, infrastructure ...