Answers to Review Questions
1. A. Exception reporting is a processing control used to capture input errors before processing occurs. The exception may be held in suspension until the errors are corrected or rejected.
2. B. All emergency changes should still undergo the formal change management process after the fact.
3. C. Any standing data should be purged from the equipment prior to disposal.
4. D. Proper IT management focuses on proactive discovery of inconsistencies, errors, and processing failures. The results can be used for secondary value in trend analysis and SLA reporting.
5. C. Problem escalation is used to ensure that the problem is analyzed by a competent individual with the proper training.
6. C. All performance by a third party ...