• Legacy Ethernet—This section explains the operations and implementation rules of legacy 10 Mbps CSMA/CD systems.
• LAN Frames—This section presents various common formats for transporting packets over Ethernet.
• Fast Ethernet—A now popular desktop Ethernet migration, this uses 100 Mbps technology. This section describes its characteristics and some of the common media options.
• Gigabit Ethernet—As the highest speed Ethernet available today, this technology finds immediate utility for trunking Catalysts and connecting high performance servers. This section describes media options and characteristics.
• Token Ring—Token Ring, the other popular LAN alternative, operates ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.