No credit card required
This chapter covers the following key topics:
• Understanding VTP—Explains what VTP is and why it is used.
• VTP Modes—Compares and demonstrates VTP server, client and transparent modes.
• The Working Mechanics of VTP—Describes the various VTP messages such as summary and subset advertisements, advertisement requests, and pruning messages.
• Configuring VTP Mode—Provides various configuration examples that illustrate VTP operations and troubleshooting tools.
• VTP Pruning: Advanced Traffic Management—Explains how VTP pruning works, and how to configure it.
A number of Catalyst 5000/6000 features are specific to Cisco’s LAN switching products. For example, this includes VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) described ...