This chapter covers the following subjects:
• The new data center challenges: New challenges present in today’s data centers for server management and how virtualization solves these challenges.
• Overview of the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS): UCS and the deployment models used by Unified CVP.
• Unified CVP components supported for virtualization: Components supported when virtualized, capacity guidance, and caveats.
• Performance requirements: Key performance requirements when virtualizing Unified CVP.
• Use cases: Several Unified CCE use cases are provided and discussed. Each case provides key virtual machine cohabitation on physical UCS hardware for an entire Unified CCE solution including Unified ICM, Unified ...