In this chapter, you will learn about
• What it means to be a CISM-certified professional
• ISACA, its code of ethics, and its standards
• The certification process
• How to apply for the exam
• How to maintain your certification
• How to get the most from your CISM journey
Congratulations on choosing to become a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)! Whether you have worked for several years in the field of information security or have just recently been introduced to the world of security, governance, risk management, and disaster recovery planning, don’t underestimate the hard work and dedication required to obtain and maintain CISM certification. Although ambition and motivation are required, the rewards ...