This chapter presents the following:
• Description of the CISSP certification
• Reasons to become a CISSP
• What the CISSP exam entails
• The Common Body of Knowledge and what it contains
• The history of (ISC)2 and the CISSP exam
• An assessment test to gauge your current knowledge of security
This book is intended not only to provide you with the necessary information to help you gain a CISSP certification, but also to welcome you into the exciting and challenging world of security.
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam covers ten different subject areas, more commonly referred to as domains. The subject matter of each domain can easily be seen as its own area of study, and in many cases ...