This chapter presents the following:
• OSI and TCP/IP models
• Protocol types and security issues
• LAN, WAN, MAN, intranet, and extranet technologies
• Transmission media
• Wireless technologies
• Network components and services
• Communications security management
• Remote access technologies
• Threats and attacks
• Software-defined networks
• Content distribution networks
• Multilayer protocols
• Convergent network technologies
The Internet… it’s a series of tubes.
Telecommunications and networking use various mechanisms, devices, software, and protocols that are interrelated and integrated. Networking is one of the more complex topics in the computer field, mainly ...