A complete guide to understanding Domain 4: Communication and Network Security of CISSP certification exam
About This Video
- Prepare for the latest version of the CISSP certification exam (the next CISSP update is in 2024)
- Gain a clear understanding of CISSP Domain 4 (communication and network security)
- 30 practice questions shared
The CISSP certification is the gold standard for IT security certifications, with over 120,000 open CISSP jobs in the US and an average CISSP salary in the US of over $125,000.
The exam covers eight domains; in this course, we will be covering Domain 4, with respect to the May 2021 exam update.
In this domain 4 course, we will cover how our network and communications channels work and how to protect them. We will talk about the OSI and TCP/IP logical models. Learn how the Internet/Intranet works with IP addresses: IPv4, IPv6, Private, and public addresses; common ports; DNS, ARP, DHCP, NAT, PAT, and the other protocols we use to make our network function; the networking routing protocols; how we secure our communication on our local network and the Internet; micro-segmentation, wireless, and cellular networks; common attack types and how to mitigate them. We will also talk about networking equipment and how we secure the different types of repeaters, hubs, routers, switches, firewalls, cable types, and more. Lastly, we will cover network topologies and technologies such as LAN, WAN, Ring, Star, Mesh, and more.
The course also includes 30 practice questions to test our learning from the course.
By the end of this course, you will be prepared for Domain 4 of the CISSP exam.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn more about CISSP certification or about CISSP Domain 4: Communication and Network Security.
This is also useful for anyone who wants to improve their IT security and cyber security knowledge and new or experienced IT security professionals, or for professionals who need CEUs/PDUs for other certifications.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : CISSP Domain 4 - Communications and Network Security
- Domain 4 - What We Will be Covering
- Networking Basics and Definitions
- The OSI (Open Systems Interconnect) Model - Part 1
- The OSI Model - Part 2
- The TCP-IP Model
- IP Addresses, MAC Addresses, and Port Numbers - Part 1
- IP Addresses, MAC Addresses, and Port Numbers - Part 2
- IP Addresses, MAC Addresses, and Port Numbers - Part 3
- IP Addresses, MAC Addresses, and Port Numbers - Part 4
- IP Support Protocols - Part 1
- IP Support Protocols - Part 2
- Cable Types
- LAN Topologies
- WAN Protocols
- SAN and VoIP Protocols
- Wi-Fi - Part 1
- Wi-Fi - Part 2
- Wireless Networks
- Layer 1 to 3 Networking Devices
- Layer 3 Routing Protocols
- Firewalls - Part 1
- Firewalls - Part 2
- Network Authentication Protocols
- Secure Communications - Part 1
- Secure Communications - Part 2
- Secure Communications - Part 3
- What We Covered in Domain 4
- Title: CISSP®️ Certification Domain 4 — Communication and Network Security Video Boot Camp for 2022
- Release date: August 2022
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838648985
You might also like
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …
CISM Certified Information Security Manager Practice Exams
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
The Art of Hacking (Video Collection)
26 Hours of Video Instruction Description Your complete guide to help you get up and running …
CISSP®️ Certification Domain 3: Security Architecture and Engineering Video Boot Camp
Take the Domain 3 CISSP certifications boot camp: Get 7 hours of video, downloadable slides, & …