Identity and provisioning life cycle
In an identity and provisioning life cycle, there are two distinctive activities. One is user management and the other is system or application access. Furthermore, the life cycle consists of the assignment of privileges through roles and delegation.
Observe the following illustration, a typical identity and provisioning life cycle consists of these things:
- Enrollment of users, which is creating and/or registering user accounts
- Determining roles, privileges, and access requirements to systems and applications
- Provisioning user accounts to systems
- Ongoing updates based on changes in roles, privileges, and access requirements
- Deprovisioning in the case of user retirement or termination