This domain includes questions from the following topics:
• Cryptography components and their relationships
• Symmetric and asymmetric key algorithms
• Public key infrastructure (PKI) concepts and mechanisms
• Hashing algorithms and uses
• Types of attacks on cryptosystems
Cryptography has been around since 2000 B.C., when the first encryption methods were considered an art form. Encryption was later used to protect sensitive information in warfare, commerce, government, and other arenas. Today, encryption is a vital tool that is used in everyday transactions. It also continues to be used to gain a competitive edge in business and warfare, reduce vulnerability, hide one’s true intentions, and more. As a CISSP, you need ...