Explore the world of database technologies and join the cloud computing revolution with hands-on knowledge on DBaaS and IaaS models
About This Video
- Learn the technical concept, market use cases, advantages, and disadvantages of the DBaaS model
- Learn the technical concept, market use cases, advantages, and disadvantages of the IaaS model
- Review key terms in cloud computing to establish a clear understanding
Over the last couple of years, many business companies decided to use more and more cloud services as part of their digital transformation, and you already know data is the new gold.
Therefore, this course is predominantly divided into two important parts: database technologies and infrastructure as a service.
The first part is about databases technologies and, even more specifically, how such technologies are offered as cloud database services (DBaaS) by leading public cloud providers—Azure, AWS, and GCP. We will learn the technical concept, market use cases, advantages, and disadvantages of each database technology while following its evolution path.
The next part is about the IaaS model. The IaaS model provided by large cloud providers is helping companies transform their private IT infrastructure into a utility service.
As a first step, you will review the key terms in cloud computing to establish a clear understanding of the big picture, and then we will zoom in on the IaaS model. The look at building blocks, what are the typical use cases, advantages as well as disadvantages, pricing models, and more.
By the end of this course, you will be able to select the right database technology for a specific use case to dramatically affect any aspect of an application and learn about the IaaS model of cloud computing.
Who this book is for
This course is designed for the software developers, IT professionals, product/project/marketing managers who wish to reduce the footprint of enterprise applications sitting in private data centers and leverage the capabilities in a public cloud environment. Solution architects, technical advisors, telecom experts, and security professionals can also get benefit from this course.
You don’t need to have prior knowledge of cloud computing concepts.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to the Course
- Chapter 2 : Basic Database Terminology
- Chapter 3 : Database Technologies – What, Where, and Why?
- Chapter 4 : Types of NoSQL Databases
- Chapter 5 : Database as a Service (DBaaS)
- Chapter 6 : Summary
- Chapter 7 : Getting Started
- Chapter 8 : Cloud Computing
- Chapter 9 : Virtualization Technologies
- Chapter 10 : Introduction to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Chapter 11 : Course Summary
- Title: Cloud Computing for Beginners - Database Technologies and Infrastructure as a Service
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801817141
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …