Data Storage in the Cloud
CHAPTER 4, “INFRASTRUCTURE AS a Service (IaaS),” examined the process of using a service provider’s servers and data storage equipment. Within the IaaS model, the customer is responsible for installing and maintaining the software that runs on the platform. Chapter 4 introduced the use of cloud-based data storage and databases.
This chapter will examine cloud-based storage in detail. By the time you finish this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
• Discuss the role of storage-area networks.
• Discuss the role of network-attached storage.
• Describe cloud-based storage solutions.
• List the pros and cons of cloud-based storage.
• Describe cloud-based database solutions. ...
Get Cloud Computing now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.