Develop cloud-native Java applications that are secure, resilient, robust, and scalable with Azure
About This Video
- Each lab guides you step-by-step through a real development scenario, with tasks that are key to your job as a developer.
- Covers recently launched offerings by Azure for developing a cloud-native application which gives you the edge over your competitors as an early adopter.
- Build an end-to-end solution to develop Java applications using Spring Boot, Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, Kubernetes for container deployment, Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), and Azure App Service for hosting or migrating your Java Application.
This course will help you architect a cloud-native application which will be resilient, can auto-scale automatically, and requires less maintenance; it focuses entirely on practicality, building a cloud-native application in Java and deploying it on Azure. Developers get hands-on experience in a range of computing, storage, data, and network services, which offers the developer a complete toolbox to build and deploy cloud-native applications. You'll learn about the driving factors for cloud adoption and see how cloud deployment with Azure is different from regular deployment on a standard data center.
This course is a one-stop guide for Java developers who want to use Java Spring to build secure, resilient, robust, and scalable applications that are hosted on Microsoft Azure. You'll easily build and monitor a scalable, resilient, and robust cloud-native application that is always available and fault-tolerant.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Cloud-Native-Development-on-Azure-with-Java-V-
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Getting Started with Cloud Native Applications
- The Course Overview 00:06:46
- Introduction to Cloud Native 00:07:01
- Set Up the Environment for Building a Cloud Native Application 00:15:34
Chapter 2 : Building and Deploying a Cloud Native Application
- Build a Spring Boot Java Application and Provide CRUD Functionality for a To-Do List 00:07:05
- Deploy a New Cosmos DB in Azure 00:03:30
- Integrate a Web Application with Cosmos DB 00:02:42
- Verify the Web Application Functionality Locally 00:03:37
- Build and Deploy a New Azure App Service Instance 00:05:48
- Deploy Your App to an Azure App Service Instance 00:05:44
- Chapter 3 : Securing Your Cloud Native Application
- Chapter 4 : Applying the DevOps Principle and Setting Up the CI/CD Pipeline
- Chapter 5 : Development Configuration on Azure
- Title: Cloud Native Development on Azure with Java
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789805956