For many organizations, developing and sustaining sponsorship are difficult, nebulous tasks. The questions we often hear from champions of process improvement who are not part of the organization’s leadership include
• How do I get sponsors to provide the right resources (both type and amount) for our improvement effort?
• How do I help them set realistic goals?
• How do I help them change their behaviors to be more consistent with the goals we’ve agreed on?
• How do I sustain my sponsors’ interest in improvement, especially when results come slower than anticipated?
• How do I sustain sponsorship when the leadership of the organization changes? (This could be through merger, acquisition, ...