Test Yourself offers ten multiple choice questions to help you identify your baseline knowledge of professional coaching.
Answers to the questions are given at the end of the test.
- Which of the following statements is a FALSE description of what coaching is?
- Coaching is guiding someone toward his or her goals.
- Coaching is a means for learning and developing.
- Coaching is an opportunity to correct someone’s behaviors or actions.
- Because coaching is based on mutual agreement, it is not always an appropriate strategy. Which of the following situations requires direct intervention, rather than coaching?
- While giving a report at a meeting, one of your direct reports seems nervous about delivering bad news.
- A customer you have worked ...