How to become an NLP practitioner or supercharge your coaching skills with NLP
One of the most popular methods for helping people achieve their life aspirations Neuro-Linguistic Programmming, or NLP, holds the key to remaking one's future. NLP encourages users to re-create the thought patterns common to those who excel, a process that helps gradually weed out negative or habitual thinking. Using the key elements of NLP developing a coaching relationship, shedding light on patterns, managing emotional states, and shaping an agenda for change this practical, inspiring guide offers the tools for helping your clients upgrade the quality of their personal or professional lives.
Reveals ten powerful coaching questions, ten traps to avoid in coaching, and ten ways to enhance your coaching skills
Offers tips on laying the foundation for success and quick win sessions
Insights on how to tap into passion and purpose and making goals come alive
Methods for coaching yourself or your team and coaching through conflict
Other books by Burton: NLP For Dummies, NLP Workbook For Dummies, and Building Self-Confidence For Dummies
Ideal for those working towards becoming an NLP practitioner or master coach, Coaching with NLP For Dummies is a guidebook to life transformation for both client and practitioner.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title page
- About the Author
- Author's Acknowledgements
- Publishers Acknowledgements
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
Part I: Introducing NLP Coaching
- Chapter 1: Combining Coaching and NLP for Great Results
- Chapter 2: Gathering the Essential NLP Skills
- Chapter 3: Developing Your Coaching Alliances
Part II: Building Core Coaching Skills
- Chapter 4: Shaping the Agenda for Change
- Chapter 5: Going for Quick-Win Sessions
- Chapter 6: Getting Greater Clarity
- Chapter 7: Making Goals Come Alive
Part III: Deepening Your Awareness
- Chapter 8: Tuning into Values
- Chapter 9: Tapping into Passion and Purpose
- Chapter 10: Shedding Light on Patterns
- Chapter 11: Developing Better Strategies
Part IV: Working Through Drama, Decisions and Dilemmas
- Chapter 12: Strengthening Relationships in Tough Times
- Chapter 13: Moving through Life's Disappointments
- Chapter 14: Coaching through Conflict
- Chapter 15: Smoothing Career Peaks and Troughs
Part V: Advancing Your NLP Coaching Repertoire
- Chapter 16: Turning Time to Your Advantage
- Chapter 17: Shifting Experiences with Submodalities
- Chapter 18: Managing Emotional States
- Chapter 19: Connecting All Parts of a Person
Part VI: The Part of Tens
Chapter 20: Ten Powerful Coaching Questions
- What Do You Want?
- What's Important to You about This?
- How Will You Know When You've Got What You Want?
- What Is Getting in the Way for You?
- What Resources Have You Got that Can Support You?
- When You Accomplish Your Goal and Look Back on Your Success, What Will You Experience?
- What's the Question You Don't Want to Ask Yourself Right Now?
- What's the Way to Make This Really Easy?
- What's the First Step?
- And What Else?
Chapter 21: Ten Traps to Avoid in Coaching
- Racing into Detail without Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Getting Caught with Long-Winded Tales
- Rescuing the Other Person
- Dramatising What You Hear
- Being the Know-all
- Slipping into Parent or Child Role
- Losing Track of Time
- Falling into Love and Friendship
- Engaging in Over-Enthusiastic Action-Planning
- Being Scared to Say Goodbye
Chapter 22: Ten Ways to Enhance Your Coaching Skills
- Enrol in Diverse Courses and Workshops
- Share Your Knowledge with Others
- Practise on Willing Guinea Pigs
- Model Other Coaches in Action
- Experiment with New Ideas
- Record Yourself and Play It Back
- Set a Quality Target
- Work with a Supervisor or Mentor
- Join a Coaching Network
- Volunteer with a Professional Body
- Chapter 20: Ten Powerful Coaching Questions
- Title: Coaching with NLP For Dummies®
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9780470972267