A joint does exactly what it sounds like it would do. It joins objects together. There are three types of joints:
- Physics Pivot Joint: This connects two objects with a single point
- Physics Distance Joint: This connects two objects together at a set distance
- Physics Spring Joint: This connects two objects together at a set distance, but instead of the joint being rigidly set, it allows the distance to change in the manner of a spring
- The first step is to make the base of your catapult static. You don't want it to move throughout the scene.
- The joint you will be using is the first option: the physics pivot joint as you want your catapult arm to pivot around a point.
All of the physics joints are available in the SpriteBuilder objects pane. ...