Praise for Commodity Strategies
"I have read many books on Point & Figure charting, but this is the first in its category-on the application of the time-tested methodology of Point & Figure charting, in particular, the concept of 'relative strength,' to pick outperforming commodities as well as to achieve diversification of non-correlated assets. If you are looking for a profitable and comprehensive methodology to making money from the commodity and currency markets and ETFs, look no further-you have found it. This book has it all."
-Fred Tam, MPhil, CFTe, MSTA, lecturer in technical analysis at University Malaya and Open University Malaysia
"Tom Dorsey is a market wizard who continues to stimulate the investor's mind. Commodity Strategies is powerful from start to finish with charts and many interesting insights. It's a clear guide for anyone looking to expand their investment horizon."
-Joseph Barrato, EVP of Investment Strategies, Arrow Funds
"This book and Dorsey's commodity strategies provide a much-needed, disciplined, and risk-managed framework for when and how to incorporate commodities into a portfolio. His investment methodologies along with the evolution of ETFs into alternative asset classes like commodities and currencies are a match made in heaven."
-H. Bruce Bond, President and CEO, PowerShares Capital Management
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- CHAPTER 1: Developing a Trading System
- CHAPTER 2: Patterns, Trends, and Price Objectives
- CHAPTER 3: Using Spot Charts
- CHAPTER 4: Relative Strength with Commodities
- CHAPTER 5: Other Strategies and Tools
- CHAPTER 6: Putting It All Together
- CHAPTER 7: Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) and Commodity Markets
- CHAPTER 8: Mutual Funds and the Evolution of the Commodity Markets
- CHAPTER 9: Final Thoughts
- Appendix: Commodity and Futures Reference Sheet
- Title: Commodity Strategies: High-Profit Techniques for Investors and Traders
- Release date: September 2007
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470126318