Common Errors in English Communication
WRONG USE OF PREPOSITIONS/PREPOSITION PHRASES.
Unnecessary Use of Prepositions
There is a general tendency in most people to add prepositions after verbs where their use is unnecessary. In the following sentences, the underlined prepositions are unnecessary. You must try to avoid them in your speech and writing:
- The manager admired for our home guard's bravery.
- The security admitted him in.
- They hope you would answer to their request soon.
- My cousin approached to me for help.
- The boss asked to the clerk why she was late.
- The leaders attacked upon the Chairman's views.
- The guard was awarded with a cash prize for his alertness.
- The company could not bear up the burden of heavy taxes.
- Computers ...