Book DescriptionNew communication technologies are being introduced at an astonishing rate. Making sense of these technologies is increasingly difficult. Communication Technology Update is the single best source for the latest developments, trends, and issues in communication technology. Now in its 10th edition, Communication Technology Update has become an indispensable information resource for business, government, and academia.
As always, every chapter has been completely rewritten to reflect the latest developments and market statistics, and now covers mobile computing, digital photography, personal computers, digital television, and electronic games, in addition to the two dozen technologies explored in the previous edition.
The book's companion website (www.tfi.com/ctu) offers updated information submitted by chapter authors and offers links to other Internet resources.
Table of Contents
- Front Cover
- Half Title
- Title Page
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- I INTRODUCTION
II ELECTRONIC MASS MEDIA
- 3 DIGITAL TELEVISION, Michel Dupagne, Ph.D. & Peter B. Seel, Ph.D.
- 4 CABLE TELEVISION, Brant Guillory, MMC
- 5 DIRECT BROADCAST SATELLITES, Ted Carlin, Ph.D.
- 6 PAY TELEVISION SERVICES, Jennifer H. Meadows, Ph.D.
- 7 INTERACTIVE TELEVISION, Cheryl D. Harris, Ph.D.
- 8 STREAMING MEDIA, Jeffrey S. Wilkinson, Ph.D.
- 9 RADIO BROADCASTING, Gregory Pitts, Ph.D.
III Computers & Consumer Electronics
- 10 PERSONAL COMPUTERS, Chris Roberts, M.A.
- 11 MOBILE COMPUTING, Mark J. Banks, Ph.D. & Robert E. Fidoten, Ph.D.
- 12 INTERACTIVE VIDEO GAME TECHNOLOGIES, John Long, Ph.D.
- 13 THE INTERNET & THE WORLD WIDE WEB, Jim Foust, Ph.D.
- 14 E-COMMERCE, Tim Brown, Ph.D.
- 15 VIRTUAL & AUGMENTED REALITY, John J. Lombardi, Ph.D.
- 16 HOME VIDEO TECHNOLOGY, Steven J. Dick, Ph.D.
- 17 DIGITAL AUDIO, Ted Carlin, Ph.D.
- 18 DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY, Michael Scott Sheerin, M.S.
- IV TELEPHONY
- V CONCLUSIONS
- Title: Communication Technology Update, 10/e, 10th Edition
- Release date: June 2006
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9781136032974