A classic now in its 14th edition, Communication Technology Update and Fundamentals is the single best resource for students and professionals looking to brush up on how these technologies have developed, grown, and converged, as well as what’s in store for the future. It begins by developing the communication technology framework—the history, ecosystem, and structure—then delves into each type of technology, including everything from mass media, to computers and consumer electronics, to networking technologies. Each chapter is written by faculty and industry experts who provide snapshots of the state of each individual field, altogether providing a broad overview of the role communication technologies play in our everyday lives.
- Gives students and professionals the latest information in all areas of communication technology
- The companion website offers updated information and useful links to related industry resources, and an instructor site provides a sample syllabus and a test bank
- This edition features new chapters on automotive telematics, digital health, and telepresence, as well as expanded coverage of tablets/phablets and 4K (ultra high definition television)
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- 1 The Communication Technology Ecosystem, August E. Grant, Ph.D.
- 2 A History of Communication Technology, Dan Brown, Ph.D.
- 3 Understanding Communication Technologies, Jennifer H. Meadows, Ph.D.
- 4 The Structure of the Communication Industries, August E. Grant, Ph.D.
- 5 Communication Policy & Technology, Lon Berquist, M.A.
II Electronic Mass Media
- 6 Digital Television & Video, Peter B. Seel, Ph.D. & Brian Pauling, Ph.D.
- 7 Multichannel Television Services, Paul Driscoll, Ph.D. & Michel Dupagne, Ph.D.
- 8 IPTV: Video over the Internet, Jeffrey S. Wilkinson, Ph.D.
- 9 Radio Broadcasting, Gregory Pitts, Ph.D.
- 10 Digital Signage, Jennifer H. Meadows, Ph.D.
- 11 Cinema Technologies, Michael R. Ogden, Ph.D. & Maria Sanders, M.F.A.
III Computers & Consumer Electronics
- 12 Personal Computers, Chris Roberts, Ph.D. & Michael Andrews, M.A.
- 13 Automotive Telematics, Denise Belafonte-Young, M.F.A.
- 14 E-books, Ashley F. Miller, M.F.A
- 15 Video Games, Brant Guillory, M.M.C.
- 16 Home Video, Steven J. Dick, Ph.D.
- 17 Digital Audio, Ted Carlin, Ph.D.
- 18 Digital Imaging & Photography, Michael Scott Sheerin, M.S.
- 19 eHealth, Heidi D. Campbell, Ph.D.
- IV Networking Technologies
- V Conclusions
- Title: Communication Technology Update and Fundamentals, 14th Edition
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9781317907909
You might also like
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
500 Creative Classroom Techniques for Teachers and Trainers
Make your teaching and their learning fun, fast-paced and functional. This toolkit of 500 tips and …
Creative writing may be the ultimate form of self-expression. Whether the reader is a creative writing …
The Literature Book
" Books, let's face it, are better than anything else." Nick Hornby Turn the pages of …