For three decades, Communication Technology Update and Fundamentals has set the standard as the single best resource for students and professionals looking to brush up on how communication technologies have developed, grown, and converged, as well as what’s in store for the future. The secret to the longevity is simple—every two years, the book is completely rewritten to ensure that it contains the latest developments in mass media, computers, consumer electronics, networking, and telephony. Plus, the book includes the Fundamentals: the first five chapters explain the communication technology ecosystem, the history, structure, and regulations. The chapters are written by experts who provide snapshots of the state of each individual field. Together, these updates provide a broad overview of these industries, as well as the role communication technologies play in our everyday lives. In addition to substantial updates to each chapter, the 16th edition includes:
- First-ever chapters on Virtual/Augmented Reality and eSports.
- Updated user data in every chapter.
- Overview of industry structure, including recent and proposed mergers and acquisitions
- Suggestions on how to get a job working with the technologies discussed.
- The companion website, www.tfi.com/ctu, offers updated information on the technologies covered in this text, as well as links to other resources.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- I Fundamentals
- II Electronic Mass Media
- III Computers & Consumer Electronics
- IV Networking Technologies
- V Conclusions
- Title: Communication Technology Update and Fundamentals, 16th Edition
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781351334631
You might also like
Learn Docker - Fundamentals of Docker 19.x - Second Edition
Explore the core functionality of containerizing your applications and making them production-ready Key Features Grasp basic …
Cybersecurity Incident Response: How to Contain, Eradicate, and Recover from Incidents
Create, maintain, and manage a continual cybersecurity incident response program using the practical steps presented in …
Information Technology: An Introduction for Today's Digital World introduces undergraduate students to a wide variety of …
ITIL® 4 Essentials: Your essential guide for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam and beyond, second edition
ITIL® 4 Essentials contains everything you need to know to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate, …