This is not an argument against leaders or leadership, only a desire to change the nature of our thinking. Communal transformation requires a certain kind of leadership, one that creates conditions where context shifts:
• From a place of fear and fault to one of gifts, generosity, and abundance
• From a belief in more laws and oversight to a belief in social fabric and chosen accountability
• From the corporation and systems as central, to associational life as central
• From a focus on leaders to a focus on citizens
• From problems to possibility
For this shift in context to occur, we need leadership that supports a restorative path. Restoration calls for us to deglamorize leadership and consider it a quality ...