Setting up a basic approval workflow
Compiere's workflow processes form an integral part of the system. In this section we are going to learn how to setup a basic approval workflow for a document within Compiere.
The system definitions are as follows:
- A workflow is made up of a node and transitions.
- A node refers to a piece of work.
- A transition is the action to get to the next node, based on a logical condition.
- The workflow process is the active workflow and an activity for the processing of the active node (an activity also may have multiple parallel processes).
- A workflow also has an active State. A Workflow State refers to whether the workflow is running, not running, not started, completed, aborted, or terminated.
- Nodes also have Owners or Responsible ...