Chapter 17. Security
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Security Fundamentals—This section covers the mindset you should have when securing a computer. File systems, authentication, and how to protect against malware are all dealt with in this section.
• Data and Physical Security—This section describes encryption types, the Local Security Policy, backups, password management, and much more.
• Securing Wireless Networks—This section talks about wireless encryption and maximizing security on wireless devices.
• Securing Wired Networks—This section discusses how to secure wired Ethernet networks from intruders and eavesdroppers.
• Access Control Purposes and Principles—Windows uses an Access Control Model to set what users have rights ...
Get CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Cert Guide, Third Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.