This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Security Fundamentals—This section covers the mindset you should have when securing a computer. File systems, authentication, and how to protect against malware are all dealt with in this section.
• Data and Physical Security—This section describes encryption types, the Local Security Policy, backups, password management, and much more.
• Securing Wireless Networks—This section talks about wireless encryption and maximizing security on wireless devices.
• Securing Wired Networks—This section discusses how to secure wired Ethernet networks from intruders and eavesdroppers.
• Access Control Purposes and Principles—Windows uses an Access Control Model to set what users have rights ...