In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Describe the concepts of virtualization
• Explain why virtualization is so highly adopted
• Create and use a virtual machine
• Describe how networks use virtualization
• Describe the service layers and architectures that make up cloud computing
For those of us used to the idea that a single computer system consists of one operating system running on its own hardware, virtualization challenges our understanding. In the simplest terms, virtualization is the process of using powerful, special software running on a computer to create a complete environment that imitates (virtualizes) all of the hardware you’d see on a real computer. We can install and run an operating ...