This is the first of a two course series for CompTIA A+ and is designed to prepare you to take and pass the CompTIA A+ 220-901 exam. To become fully A+ certified you will need to pass both the 220-901 and 220-902 exams.
What You Will Learn
- This is a complete and comprehensive CompTIA A+ 220-901 course. It is designed to prepare the student to be able to take and pass the first of two A+ exams needed to become CompTIA A+ Certified. To become A+ Certified requires you to pass BOTH the 220-901 and 220-902 exams. There is a separate course covering the 220-902 exam.
- Once you complete the two CompTIA A+ courses, you will have the knowledge and confidence to pass the exams AND the skills to be a great PC tech. This course is ideal as both a study tool and an on-the-job reference.
- Your new skills and the CompTIA A+ Certification will help you land your first PC tech job or if you are already a PC tech, get that raise or advancement you are seeking.
This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for an entry level PC technician position or looking to improve their skills and become CompTIA A+ Certified. However, it goes beyond that and will give you the skills you need to be a better tech on the job.
About The Author
Mike Meyers: Total Seminars, LLC, is a provider of PC and network repair seminars and certification training services through books, videos, and courseware for thousands of organizations throughout the world including the United Nations, the FBI, and all branches of the US Department of Defense.
Mike Meyers is the president and co-founder of Total Seminars, which produces the best-selling CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certification books with over 1 million books in print. He is affectionately called the “Alpha Geek” and is the industry’s leading authority on CompTIA Certifications. He has created several other best-selling video courses on CompTIA certifications with the Total Seminars team of instructors.
Mike has been involved in the computer and network repair industry since 1987 as a technician, instructor, author, consultant, and speaker. He is the author of numerous popular PC books and videos, including the best-selling CompTIA A+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide and CompTIA Network+ Certification All-In-One Exam Guide. His humorous and easy-to-follow approach to teaching comes through in his video training courses as well as his classroom instructor-led courses. Making IT concepts easy to understand and fun to learn helps students stay engaged and retain the information.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Path of the PC Tech
- Chapter 2 : The Visible Computer
- Chapter 3 : Microprocessors
- Chapter 4 : RAM
- Chapter 5 : BIOS
- Chapter 6 : Motherboards
- Chapter 7 : Power Supplies
- Chapter 8 : Troubleshooting a Power Supplies
- Chapter 9 : Implementing Hard Drives
- Chapter 10 : Essential Peripherals
- Chapter 11 : Building a PC
- Chapter 12 : Display Technologies
- Chapter 13 : Essentials of Networking
Chapter 14 : Local Area Networking
- Introduction to TCP/IP
- Network Ids and Subnet Mask
- Dynamic IP addressing
- Special IP addresses
- PING and IPconfig
- TCP, UDP and ICMP
- Port Numbers
- Working with Connections
- Understanding DNS
- Dealing with DNS
- Windows Naming
- NET Command
- NETDOM Command
- Windows Name Resolution
- Configuring Routers
- Advanced Router Configuration
- Chapter 15 : Wireless Networking
- Chapter 16 : The Internet
- Chapter 17 : Portable Computing
- Chapter 18 : Understanding Mobile Devices
- Chapter 19 : Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Title: CompTIA A+ Certification 901. The Total Course
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788470131
You might also like
Practical Python: Learn Python Basics Step by Step - Python 3
Python is one of the most popular programming languages and gives a lot of scope and …
More Than 16 Hours of Video Instruction Overview CCNA 200-301 Complete Video Course is a comprehensive …
Microsoft Power BI - The Complete Masterclass [2023 EDITION]
Microsoft Power BI is an interactive data visualization software primarily focusing on business intelligence, part of …
Python 3 from Beginner to Expert - Learn Python from Scratch
Python is easy to learn and read, fast, and universal (tons of useful libraries available). Python …