Chapter 1: Motherboards, Processors, and Memory
Answer to Performance-Based Question 1
Here is how to remove a DIMM and replace it with another one:
- Pull the tabs on either end of the DIMM away from the DIMM.
- Pull the loose DIMM straight out of the slot and away from the motherboard.
- Ensure that the locking tabs are completely opened and out of the way of the slot.
- Align the module's notch with the tab or tabs in the slot.
- Insert the new DIMM straight down into the slot.
- Apply firm and even pressure downward until the locking tabs automatically snap into place.
- Nudge the tabs inward toward the module to make sure that they are tight.
Answer to Performance-Based Question 2
The components ...