Chapter 2 Compute Virtualization in the Cloud
THE FOLLOWING COMPTIA CLOUD+ EXAM OBJECTIVES ARE COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER:
- 2.0 Virtualization
- 2.1 Explain the differences between hypervisor types.
- Type I and Type II (bare metal vs. OS dependent, performance and overhead considerations, hypervisor specific system requirements)
- Proprietary vs. open source
- Consumer vs. enterprise use (workstation vs. infrastructure)
- 2.2 Install, configure, and manage virtual machines and devices.
- Creating, importing, and exporting template and virtual machines
- Install guest tools (drives, management tools)
- Snapshots and cloning
- Image backups vs. file backups
- Virtual NIC (virtual network, IP address, default gateway, netmask, bridging)
- Virtual disks (limits, SCSI/ATA ID)
- Virtual switches (VLAN, interface configuration)
- VLAN (assign IDs, bind interfaces)
- VSAN (assign IDs)
- 2.3 Given a scenario, perform virtual resource migration.
- Establish requirements
- Maintenance scheduling
- Reasons (performance issues, testing, upgrading, utilization
- Storage migration (virtual vs. physical)
- Online vs. offline migrations ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.