CHAPTER 3Managing the Technical Classroom
In this chapter you will:
• Prepare the classroom for learning
• Manage the course logistics for materials and technology
• Address classroom issues and distractions for learners
• Design course materials and handouts
• Create a comfortable learning environment
The technical classroom can present challenges that aren’t found in other training environments. Teach a class on project management, for example, and all you’ll need is a whiteboard, the class desks and chairs, and the course workbook. Teach a class on Microsoft Office, databases, or computer repair, and things suddenly get more complex. Now you’ll need to prepare the classroom for technical training, make certain the computer exercises work as ...