In this chapter you will:
• Embrace public speaking fundamentals
• Present with confidence and charm
• Use your voice to motivate and engage learners
• Manage the classroom environment
• Consider speech and the virtual classroom
Think back on some of your favorite instructors and speakers from technical classes, college, and conferences you’ve attended. When you imagine listening to these great teachers and speakers present, I bet some things they did, things they said, and how they behaved have stuck with you over the years. Some of your memories may have been the humor the speaker put into the topic or the good stories they shared to relate to your world. Some of the speakers may not have been terribly inspiring, ...