Chapter 2: Managing Software
The following CompTIA Linux+ objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 1.102.3 Manage shared libraries
- 1.102.4 Use Debian package management
- 1.102.5 Use RPM and Yum package management
- 1.103.5 Create, monitor, and kill processes
- 1.103.6 Modify process execution priorities
A Linux system is defined largely by the collection of software it contains. The Linux kernel, the libraries used by many packages, the shells used to interpret commands, the X Window System GUI, the servers, and more all make up the system’s software environment. Many of the chapters of this book are devoted to configuring specific software components, but they all have something in common: tools used to install, uninstall, upgrade, and otherwise ...