Chapter 3: Configuring Hardware
The following CompTIA Linux+ objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 1.101.1 Determine and configure hardware settings
- 1.102.1 Design hard disk layout
- 1.104.1 Create partitions and filesystems
- 1.104.2 Maintain the integrity of filesystems
- 1.104.3 Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems
All OSs run atop hardware, and this hardware influences how the OSs run. Most obviously, hardware can be fast or slow, reliable or unreliable. Somewhat more subtly, OSs provide various means of configuring and accessing the hardware—partitioning hard disks and reading data from Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices, for instance. You must understand at least the basics of how Linux interacts with its hardware environment in ...