Chapter 4: Managing Files
The following COMPTIA Linux+ objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 1.103.3 Perform basic file management
- 1.104.4 Manage disk quotas
- 1.104.5 Manage file permissions and ownership
- 1.104.6 Create and change hard and symbolic links
- 1.104.7 Find system files and place files in the correct location
Ultimately, Linux is a collection of files stored on your hard disk. Other disk files contain all your user data. For these reasons, being able to manage the files contained on your filesystems is an important skill for any Linux system administrator. Chapter 3, “Configuring Hardware,” described creating disk partitions, preparing filesystems on them, maintaining those filesystems, and mounting them. This chapter continues ...