The answers to these review questions are in Appendix A.
1. Which acronym refers to a feature that allows a peripheral to access system memory without needing to use the CPU?
2. What does the lsdev command do?
a. Shows PCI devices
b. Shows IO ports
c. Shows DMA channels
d. All of the above
3. How does a peripheral notify the CPU that there is an event that needs its attention?
a. Contacts the CPU over an IO port
b. Initiates a direct memory access channel
c. Issues an interrupt request
d. Modifies the program counter of the CPU to execute code on the device
4. A pseudo-filesystem containing information about the system is
5. What subsystem manages entries under ...