The CompTIA Network+ certification exam expects you to know how to
• 2.5 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common router and switch problems: Bad cables/improper cable types, mismatched MTU/MUT black hole, power failure, bad modules (SFPs, GBICs)
• 2.6 Given a set of requirements, plan and implement a basic SOHO network: list of requirements, cable length, device types/requirements, environment limitations, equipment limitations, compatibility requirements
To achieve these goals, you must be able to
• Describe the major steps to consider when designing a SOHO network
• Describe and implement a SOHO network, including solving assorted problems
• Explain how security comes into play while building a SOHO network ...